The Darkspear Tribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Application: Kalai

2 posters

Go down

Application: Kalai Empty Application: Kalai

Post  Kalai Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:49 am

1. Your Characters name.
Kalai

2. How you heard about the guild.
Through asking around about a horde-loyal RP guild, aswell as through a friend (Not in the guild)

3. Why you're interested in joining.
My troll is horde-aligned *and* a Darkspear so this is perfect. ^^

4. Previous RP experience. (If none, do not worry we will make our best efforts to guide you.)
I've a great many RP experiences alliance-side (Not so many horde-side), have DM'ed a few D&D campaigns as well as Forum RP's in the past.

5. A short IC story about your character. (This can be anything from a very detailed description, to a glorious tale of honor or sorrow. Creativity is greatly looked upon, and quality applications may have theirs posted as a prime example of great writing. Try to keep the story a decent length, because this is the area where the officers and myself will be able to gauge the level at which you roleplay at.)

4 years ago...

Kalai embedded his axe in the skull of his opponent - a vicious gurubashi warrior, who roared in pain before dropping onto the ground lifelessly. The crowds roared with approval at the victory of one of the combatants - they had started to tire of the long battle between trolls, and the Darkspear slave somehow emerged victorious. Two large trolls came and grabbed Kalai, dragging him from the arena as he looked wordlessly at his dead opponent, also being dragged from the arena to be cannibalised. Kalai had witnessed enough of his friends eaten to be repulsed at the idea of such savagery, for he was a Darkspear - An oppressed people, who had began to veer away from the traditions of their Gurubashi ancestors.

Immediately he was thrown into a pit, and he looked up to his two captors. "What be dis, mon?" He said with a rather confused look on his face. The larger one of his captors laughed. "Mon, ya be havin' da Loa's blessin's if ya fight like dat and can beat one of our warriors. But... we also can't let people know dat we can be beaten."
"So ya killin' me, mon?"
Kalai's captor nodded. "Aye. Dat be da way though, mon. I'm sure ya be understandin'."
"It be better than dis wretched existence." Kalai said wearily, his heart heavy.
"See? Ya should be thankin' us, mon."

The two trolls left silently after the exchange and left Kalai to brood about his fate to be sacrificed. The troll had been abducted from his family many years back and been forced into a slave for the Gurubashi tribes of Stranglethorn Vale, where he had witnessed his friends and fellow slaves being sacrificed to the Loa - This sight was enough to repulse the troll, who had celebrated adulthood eight years previously, and to reject the traditional troll ways.

The door opened, and Kalai stood up. He closed his eyes, and said quietly "An' I stand for..."
"Kharne Thunderhorn. And you are?"
Kalai opened his eyes in a flash with surprise as a Tauren stood over him. He eyed Kalai. "You aren't one of them, are you?"
"Nah, mon. Tha' name be Kalai, of de Darkspear Trolls."
"Darkspear, eh? Good enough for us."
The Tauren leant down, holding an outstretched hand. "Here, take my hand. Me and my dispatch are to burn this place to the ground. You are very lucky, Kalai."
Kalai took the Taurens' hand and was hauled from the pit, and the massive Tauren gave him an axe. "Here. Take some vengeance on those who kept you in bondage, friend."
Kalai grinned and felt renewed energy as the axe was given to him, and he nodded to the Tauren as they went outside and assisted the Horde in burning the place to the ground. He may have abandoned the savage tendencies of his brethren, but his Bloodlust was anything but gone.

Present Day
Kalai sat near the pond in Sen’Jin village. It had been four years since his lucky escape from Stranglethorn Vale, where many others had died before him. But it was the Horde that had brought him to this place alive, and he had served with them in the Outland War and in the War against the Lich King. With the lull in combat, and with combat as the only thing that Kalai knew of, he got to his feet and unsheathed his axe. He looked over the sea to the echo isles and shook his head – Once more, he would be fighting against his troll brethren. Once more, he would keep his oath that he had made on that day he was released from bondage.
Lok’Tar Ogar. For the Horde.

Details (For those that got bored/TL;DR):
Tribe: Darkspear
Hair colour: Yellow
Skin colour: Blue
Eye colour: Red
Height: 7'2"
Parents: Unknown
Place of Birth: Somewhere in Stranglethorn Vale
Place of Residence: Sen'Jin Village
Class: Warrior

I appreciate the story is a bit crappy but I've had a hard day and my brain is almost dead. xD

Kalai

Back to top Go down

Application: Kalai Empty Re: Application: Kalai

Post  Unathi Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:26 pm

Talked to you in-game and loved your enthusiasm, Read your app and am looking forward to you even more.
The next recruitment event is this Thursday at Sen'jin, 8pm server time. Contact myself if you have any questions. Smile
Unathi
Unathi
Admin

https://thedarkspear.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down