The Darkspear Tribe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Zulf'jin's story

2 posters

Go down

Zulf'jin's story Empty Zulf'jin's story

Post  Zulfjin Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:05 pm

Mord’jah, the Priest of Zul’Aman was sitting uncomfortably in his throne, surrounded by servants and his Blood Drinkers. He was shooting around with evil stares, angry and unpatient.
Finnaly, figures of his warriors sent away with an important mission appeared in the dark hallway.
Mord’jah stretched his old, acking body and stood up, bloodshot eyes staring the group down.
- Wha’ took ye so lon’, ye incompetent fools! – he cried – De simple task o’ findin’ our new Zufli’arak be too complicated fo’ ye?
Oro’jun, leader of the search party stood forward, trying hard not to cower before the High Priest.
- High Priest, de amulet ya gave us led us far south, it been many day’s travel, our bear’s be tired!
- Wha’ do I care fo’ ye stupid warbears! Were’s de new Zufli!
- Dere he be, High Priest… - Oro’jun pushed forward a small figure of young troll, maybe five years old, sedated with voodoo and tied ankles up.
Mord’jah glared upon the boy, not believing his own eyes… This boy wasn’t Amani…
- What’cha think dis is?! – he yelled – Sum’ kinda prank?! Dis boy ain’t Amani! It ain’t even a forest troll!
- High Priest… - Oro’jun started uncertainly – Ya amulet led us far south, as I said… To de Strangletorn Vale…
- To de Vale? What’ya foold ‘naped a ‘Bashi!?
- Nah, High Priest… Dis li’l one is Darkspear…
- Darkspear! – Mord’jah shaked with anger – ya want my soul to be livin’ in de ‘Spear body! Ya pay for dis insult!
High Priest lifted his artretic arm, and still shouting curses made a complicated gesture. Lightning struck from his fingertips frying the warriors alive, except one, who’d just been thrown to the ground by the force of the spell. Then Mord’jah called upon the Loa to see the prophecy again… The results displeased him – this WAS the boy meant to be new High Priest.
Mord’jah called upon the slaves with a gesture.
- Prepare de ritual… Dis be de one. – He hesitated – Ya found de family?
- Yes, Zufli’arak… Mader be de hexxer, fader a Blood drinker, he be away now wid Blackrock orcs... – answered the slave kneeling – Dey have one son… Dey call de boy Kaal’jun.
- Good enough! – Smiled Mord’jah, trying hard not to show how much the spell drained his fleeting powers – After de ritual ya take de boy to dem. An’ tell ‘de moder to feed de boy wid proper voodoo… To get rid of dat disgustin’ blue skin of his! Now I must prepare for de sacrifice!
Saying that Mord’jah stepped down from his throne, and headed to the altar, where his heart was to be cut out and fed to the young Darkspear, so that the High Priests soul can take over the body and let Mord’jah live as a young troll again, and replenish his powers.
Years passed, the future Zufli’arak grown in his foster family, who called him Zulf’jin, after the way he misspelled the title Zufli’… And Mord’jah was waitin, hidden deep in the boys mind.
And one day, when young Zulf’jin been in Zul’Aman for few years, and his mother – Arak’aja – decided he’s old enough, she summoned Kaal’jun and Zulf’jin before her and ordered to join their father (never seen by Zulf’jin) in the war against elves and humans and become the true Amani warriors (much to Mord’jah’s delight, he could finally use the opportunity to push the boy of his mind, and kill again!).

And so the two trolls began their journey, Kaal’jun scouting the path for danger and hunting, and Zulf’jin asking Akil’zon everyday – “Show me the way to follow to find my father…”
And so moths in the way passed… Landscape changed from forests and glens of the north to snowy mountains, then to lush jungles…
- Ya sure we ain’t lost, li’l broder? – asked Kaal one day – we on de road for months, an’ I’m quite sure de Blackrock mountains are far behin’ us now.
- Ya, Kaal, - replied Zulf’jin – I ask de Loa every day were we go to find fader, an’ dey show south.
- Den ask again, oh great Zufli’!
- A’ight… - Zulf’jin closed his eyes whispering softly to himself – Ya right! Dey don’t show south anymore!
- Told’ja mon! – grinned Zulf’s older brother – We went too far, gotta go back north!
- Nah, broder… - young shaman hesitated – De spirits say “west” now…
- West? Ya kiddin’ me? Dere ain’t nuthin’ but de sea dere!
- De spirits can’t be wrong…
It took the two trolls few more days to get to the western shore, few more to find a small pirate outpost (which would later be known as Booty Bay), and pay for a place on the ship.
But when the time to depart came, Zulf’jin became very ill, and Kaa’jun left him on board the ship, to go play one more round of dice before sailing offshore… And didn’t come back. Zulf’jin in the meantime was unconscious in his cabin, unaware of nothing but terrible nightmares…
So he sailed onto the western sea, deep in malign caused by Mord’jah trying hard to take over the boy’s body and lead it back to its destiny. Finnaly he succeded… And called upon a powerfull storm, that sank the ship… Unfortunatly, along with Mord’jah himself. Shortly before falling uncncious Mord’jah managed to cast water breathing spell on the boy’s body and fell into depths of the ocean.
Some time later on unnamed island where the Darkspears took temporary refuge, Mir’jah and Zuk’ar, a young trollish couple spotted a body floating in the currents of a small bay… They fished out the floater, and took him to the troll camp. At first, Darkspears tought it was a forest troll, but a mojomon discovered that it indeed was one of their own tribe… And so Zulf’jin rejoined the Tribe and lived amongst them, not remembering anything about his past other than his name… And dark whispers torturing him in his nightmares, trying to take hold of his body…

Zulfjin

Back to top Go down

Zulf'jin's story Empty Re: Zulf'jin's story

Post  Dijie Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:12 pm

Ummm...just out of curiosity, why did you choose "zufli?" That term is usually used in reference to a female witch doctor. Smile

Dijie

Back to top Go down

Post  Zulfjin Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:08 am

I know, i know, but ti aint a rule, it's a tip:). Simply couldnt find the zandali word for a male one when i was making the character. I made a typo in it anyway:). (It was supposed to be zufl'jun, or zufljin at first)

Zulfjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dijie Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:21 am

Well, it's preferable to perhaps hold with that tip versus using a term many and most recognize as having a feminine meaning, no?

Otherwise, it would just be loreloling about, methinks. Wink

Pardon my bluntness.

Dijie

Back to top Go down

Post  Zulfjin Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:01 am

You're bluntness has been pardoned Smile. And i see your point in that tip.

Zulfjin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down